Tuesday, June 12, 2007

181

When I picked up the Daily News today, I saw this startling number. 181! this is the number of murders that have occurred in Philadelphia this year. This is simply stunning. How does a city turn its back on life in such a way. I am certain that every time I have driven through the streets of Philadelphia, I have never gone more than one block without seeing a church or a temple or a synagogue.

With all this "religion" going on in the city, how is there so much death and disregard for life?

It saddens me to think of the city of "Brotherly Love" having such a stain on it. I guess more than anything it simply makes me ask:


Where are the people of God?

Where is the church of Jesus Christ?

Have we lost our passion for mission and for the city?


God help us.

God have mercy on our souls.