Sunday, July 22, 2007

Flat

That is the only word that I can think of to describe how I felt after the 11 AM service today. Recently the 8:30 service has been very good and has lead me like a rocket into the 11 am service. I truly have felt the Spirit take the 8:30 sermon and give it a little bit more punch for the 11 am service in the last several weeks.

Today, it seemed like it would be more of the same. 8:30 was good and things went well. I truly felt the Spirit throughout the service and that got me ready for the 11 am service and then...nothing.

For some reason, it just did not translate well to me at all today. I felt that every point I tried to make missed and everywhere the Spirit may have led me I ignored. It just seemed flat.


As I look back on the sermon today, I can't help but pray that the Spirit worked where obviously I could not.

Flat. Disappointed. Ticked off.

Yup, that about sums it up today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that you should have more faith in yourself, even my 6 and 13 year olds got something out of your sermon today. Flat it wasn't. It may not have been what you expected, but the message was loud and clear.

Bro. Walt said...

For whatever it is worth, I thought the message was right on and that we are on the same page.