Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Well

as I sit at the Cafe again this week and do some research for Sunday, God is at work again.


I am trying to do my research and as that is happening I am having a text conversation with my son and my wife and at the same time.

Interestingly enough the passage from Psalms this week I am preaching on talks about God hearing our cries.

Hearing is an artform that we all need to work on I believe. We all listen but do we take the time to hear. How can I hear God in scripture or hear my wife via text or hear my son when I have my focus split so much.

I need to learn a lesson. I need to take more time hearing from those that I love and that includes God, my wife, my sons, and my family and friends.

2 comments:

JJ said...

Lk 6:27-36

27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, ...

ARGH! Soooo hard to listen and hear sometimes. Yet God will always HEAR our cries. I think in order to do what Jesus says as written in Luke, we have to "listen to hear" and not just listen.

Pastor Blue Jeans said...

Amen, my brother. amen!