Sunday, March 30, 2008

Surgery and other news of note


Well the young guy made it through the surgery okay. He was in pain for a few days but he seems to be doing better. Thank God!

On news of another note. I am going to experience something as a pastor that I knew was a reality but in six years it has never happened..I am moving.

It is such an interesting time in my personal and professional life. I am happy and I am sad. I am nervous and I am excited. I am worried and I am at peace. I am bursting and I am withdrawn. There is so much going on and so much to do. I just don't know where to start. I have been the group of people here for six GREAT years but I knew it was going to be time to go at some point and signs were pointing to it being sooner rather than later. Yet I feel as if I have more to do here.

On the other hand, I am thrilled with the opportunity that is being presented to me and I am very excited. Crazy, crazy stuff. I have to help my children get themselves prepared mentally for the move. It is going to be tough I know. But the great thing for them is the internet, texting, email, phone, etc. Plus we are close enough that contact with their friends will take some effort but is possible.

Then there is my loving wife. Her commute just went from 30 minutes to a little more than an hour to a job she loves. In the end, all we can do is trust that God will continue to work on all fronts just as God always does.

God will keep working with these great people and the great leader that I am sure that will be following me here. God will also continue working in our new location in new and exciting ways.

Well, I ask for you to pray for me and my family and my current church family and my soon to be church family.

Peace!

5 comments:

greg. said...

we are absolutely praying for you during this difficult time of transition. it is a fascinating process, and i wish you the best in it. grace and peace...

JJ said...

Good to hear the medical stuff worked out! Exciting new things coming! Prayers out there already. Don't sweat the stuff you feel is left to do. Could be it's the stuff you'll get to do when you get to where you are going. As you said, "God will continue to work on all fronts just as God always does".

This Methodist pastor moving thing keeps the dust from settling on the books. I compare it to Sunday School lesson this past week: just like the law was re-discovered during the reign of Josiah, it's good for a church to re-discover itself with a new shepherd. It can blow off some of that dust that can accumulate in certain areas when people get too settled into routines.

Tim said...

Hey wait a minute! This is a picture of my church.

Now, I didn't find this website at random, we have a mutual friend in Paster Bev. Well, friend to you and family to me. She knew I was upset about us losing our pastor and she thought this would cheer me up.

It did.

I have moved from despondency and apprehension to anticipation and excitement.

Yes, folks it sure does look like the Lord does provide for us. I'm still not looking forward to saying goodbye to my friend, but I am now looking forward to saying hello to a new one.

And lol you absolutely need some new lingo. You're gonna have trouble finding some "wit's" up here but Bruno's is the closest you're gonna find.

the reverend mommy said...

thinking about you and your family -- holding you in prayer.

when do you start packing (i ask because one day ... i've not moved yet.)

Pastor Blue Jeans said...

Tim,


I just heard from Bev yesterday. It was great to hear of her connection to the church. I am also excited and anticipate a great working of the Spirit. Just like you I am also sad to say good-bye to friends.

I can't wait to meet you and your family.

Peace!