Friday, April 04, 2008

Aha!


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

This is a quote from Thomas Edison that really stuck me when I read it this morning. It is something that I need to hear and it is something that I need to meditate on and pray about.

How many times have I missed an opportunity to be part of something because it was hard work? How many times have I chosen the easier path? Well it may be time to look at things differently now.

As the next few months happen in my life and my ministry here, I need to be more purposeful about looking for that opportunity that is dressed as hard work. My mission here is not done, there are still more things that we are called on to do together. There are also more opportunities to reach people with the story of Jesus Christ.

So for the next few months as we begin the transition process, I need to keep my eyes focused on what is around me and to continue to seek God's will for the church and for myself. I am now a man with a changing ministry, but that only means more opportunity to really make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ.

I have been blessed with my time here and I am not anxious to see it end, and it is not ending. It is just changing. the work that we have started here will continue long after my family and I have gone, because that is how the Holy Spirit operates. The Spirit was here long before we got here and will be here long after we leave.

Now the Sp-irit that has already been ay work in our new place of ministry is doing marvelous things and we get to be part of that exciting ministry as well. So we don't leave anyone behind, we simply expand our circle and continue to seek God's face.

No comments: