Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Do or Die!


I have not posted about sports too much, however one thing to know about me is that I am a HUGE sports fan. A 4 for 4 fan as they are called in the Delaware Valley. I love the home teams, and that of course is the Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers.

Tonight is game seven in a series the Flyers led 3-1. It seemed like it was over and then the Capitals came roaring back. The Flyers have been outplayed and yet they are just one game away from advancing. They have one opportunity to make a stand and to move on.

This is probably why I love sports so much. It asks the athletes to dig deep within themselves and to do things that most of the rest of the world simply can't or won't. I enjoy watching these teams that I follow give everything that they have and then reach down for more. Some of my fondest memories growing up are sports related, either watching or playing. It is a large part of whom I am as a person.


Well tonight the Flyers need to make some memories for some young kids somewhere that will be staying up late and watching this game down to the last second. tonight for the Flyers it is do or die!


Sometimes I wish life was that black and white. Success or failure are so tough to figure out in real life. Did I make a difference today? Did I notice that person who was just dying to hear the Good News or did I simply go on with my day? Well let's try and live our lives each day like it is do or die, who knows it just might be!


In the meantime....
Let's Go Flyers!

Let's Go Flyers!

No comments: