Thursday, April 24, 2008

Not the same thing

I went out today with a friend to play a game that we called golf. I believe that perhaps what I did vaguely resembled golf, perhaps. It in no way compares to what Tiger does on a normal weekend.

Yet, I still find it enjoyable. Despite the fact that I spent a lot of time looking for my ball and trying to figure out how I could possibly hit the green from where I ended up, it was still fun.

I could have spent my time, just comparing myself to Tiger, or my friend for that matter. If I did that I would not have had any fun at all. How many times in our lives do we do just that though?

Do we spend our time worrying about how we measure up to others? Do we try and figure out if what we are doing is as good as others? Or do we simply do the best we can and give it all up to God?

We may not be the next Tiger Woods or Mother Theresa but maybe we just need to focus on being the best us we can be. I think that will simply be good enough!

No comments: