Thursday, May 29, 2008

Anxious


Well we are now one step closer. The group of us who will be ordained just stood before the group of clergy gathered at Annual Conference and were approved for membership and ordination.

As we stood before the group we were asked
to state one word that summed up how we felt. I used the word "anxious". There truly were so many other words that I could have said and they all would have been true.

How can you really sum up a journey of years with a single word. A journey of joy, tears, fear, anxiety, frustration, elation, etc. It is a journey that I could not have traveled myself.

It is a journey that I could never have completed without the help of many people. So for all of you I wish to thank you very much.

There is one person in particular that I want to thank and that is my wife. I may not say it enough but I love you and I respect you and I can't imagine my life without you. You have made this journey so much easier. together we have loved and laughed and cried and yelled. there has been one constant in my journey and that is you. We have been together through it all and we have so much further to go.

I love you.

1 comment:

greg. said...

today is the day!!! thanks for being a sojourner and companion with me on this long journey.