Friday, May 30, 2008

Peace!

Today as I get closer to the ordination service, I simply feel at peace. I am sitting in a plenary session of Annual Conference and just enjoying the moment. It has been such a great ride and today is just another stop along the way.

I stood last night and listened as they gave us a basic overview of the ordination service and it was hard to take it all in. I looked to my left and right and saw so many good men and women that I have been on this journey with.

We have been through so much together so many good times and then sad times.
the saddest might have been when we all suffered the loss of a great friend/mentor/pastor/leader in Peggy Fullman. It was a shock and a tough time. It would have been great if she was here with us today and in many ways we know she will be.

So there is many feelings going through my mind but peace is the prevalent one today. Today is the day when I get to stand with those great men and women I have journeyed with and we get to stand with our colleagues and our family and share in this moment.

Peace

No comments: