Sunday, May 11, 2008

That day

was like so many others, there really was nothing special about it. We went to the hospital to see what we would learn that day. All of us trying to figure out if we really wanted to be Respiratory Therapists or not. So off to the hospital we went.

That day was unlike so many others, because it was that day that I met you. Standing in the office looking at a bunch of "newbies" and trying to get away from us as soon as possible. Yet for just a moment, time stood still for me.

That day was like so many others as we had to listen to George and Frank tell us more about the way things worked. We learned some more things about charting and patient care. But in the end it was just another day.


That day was unlike ALL others, for on that day I met you. It was the beginning of a great ride and one that I hope does not stop for another 99 years or so. Because on that day, I began to fall in love, and on that day I met my future wife and the mother of my children. On that day, my world began to find completeness, hope, love, and a future.

On that day, God blessed me with you.

Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounded like a hallmark. Im gonna go wipe my tears....