Friday, June 20, 2008

Boxes..boxes...boxes


Everywhere I look, I see them. They are in the office and they are in my house and they are just everywhere. I can't escape them and the seem to be multiplying. They are an ever present reminder as to what is going to be happening soon. I am moving.


Not taking into account the reason of moving and just focusing in on the moving is tough. I hate to move. I love some type of consistency in my life and for the last 6 years, this has been consistent. I lived in the little house that is as old as Moses and I walked to my office and I was the pastor at the "blue grass" church. Now those constants are all changing.

The more I look around me the more I understand mom's band-aid philosophy. You know the one, all mom's use it. When it comes time to take a band-aid off don't mess around, just yank it. Sure it is going to hurt but it is so much better than dragging it out. So while I always said I wanted to know in January or so if the Bishop was going to move me in any given year, I think maybe June would be soon enough.

So I am surrounded by boxes and those boxes contain so many things of mine from books to golf clubs. I am getting more and more anxious as the days go by. Do I have enough boxes? Am I going to be ready? Is the church ready? Is my family ready? No answers. Just more questions....and more boxes to pack.

Oh well, gotta go. Just found an empty box and I know just what to put into it!

No comments: