Saturday, June 28, 2008

Reconciling


I have been the treasurer for my local ministerium for the last 2 1/2 years. Now if you know me at all you know just how funny that is. the day I came home and told my wife she thought that I must be joking.
So I have done what I needed to do and made fairly accurate and always honest financial reports each month. since I will be leaving at the end of the month, I had to get everything ready to turn over to the ministerium. So this morning I decided to make sure everything was good. So I took all the bank statements for the last 2 1/2 years and opened them up, yes that is right opened them up. I then began the very laborious process of reconciling my account. Well I finished up an hour or so later and was happy to see that there were no glaring errors. In other words, I got lucky!
It is not that I am dumb, nor is it that I don't care or have the right tools to keep the check register up to date. I just had other things to do for the last 2 1/2 years! Thank God, that God does not work like that. I am sure God could have had more pressing matter to do rather than reconcile his people back. Yet that is just what God did and I am so thankful for that.
So I am going to give back my reconciled check register gladly and even more gladly give thanks to God on this great day for what has been done for us.

1 comment:

the reverend mommy said...

That's OK. In my house, you would be lucky if you could FIND the statements....

I tell people to NEVER EVER make me the treasurer. EVER.