Friday, July 11, 2008

Moved in - Kind of


Well this has been quite the last two weeks. We have been busy packing and gathering ourselves for it seems like months. the day finally came and we found ourselves packed and moving to our new house and church. Well we are still surrounded by boxes but the pile is getting lower and lower. the good news is that the Verizon man was here all day and we now have TV and Internet...yea us!
So now the transition begins. It has been 6 years since I was the "new pastor", it has been six years since I have had to share my intial vision with a church. It has been six years since I had to remember so many new names.
Well, the one thing that I know is that New Brooklyn UMC has prepared me to be the pastor here. They have loved me and tuahgt me and guided me along in my ministry and now like a parent they send me out into the world/
I have so many fears and expectations and visions and dreams. I guess I am so unsettled because I need to spend more time in prayer and meditation.It is time to go to God and see where God is leading us.

2 comments:

JJ said...

Your fears and expectations and visions and dreams are probably not much different than those who are in the pews at your new "old" home. New surroundings, but same God. New people with the same gifts of the Spirit! God will guide your way. May God bless you in your new home.

Anonymous said...

May you be Blessed and be a Blessing at your new Church.
I know you will be a Blessing to them you sure were to us.
Walt & Gloria