Thursday, July 31, 2008

One Trick Pony?


I would like to think not, but maybe I am becoming one.
Joel asked me to teach a day of VBS at his church and I gladly said yes. He told me the story would be of Zaccheus.

I was told that I was free to do whatever I wanted so I decided to teach in character. I knew with my fear of heights there was no way that I was climbing a real tree, so I relied on the old stand by...a ladder.

Yea yea I know a ladder...again. But it was one way that I knew I could grab the children's attention and if I did it right it would be a real fun day.

I ended up teaching the class to five different groups of children, maybe about 120 or so total. Some groups were tougher than others but all in all it was a very rewarding experience.
In the end since I have never taught these kids, they have never seen me with a ladder, so I guess it wasn't too bad. Hopefully in the end they all will take something from that story about the need to serve their community (the theme for the day) and that is what counts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a good trick, just don't fall off.

Walt