Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tough Job?


As I am sitting out back on my deck of my new parsonage, I am thinking about my calling. I am thinking a lot about my day and how much fun I truly had.

I started the day talking to my new D.S. and it was a great way to start the day. It was a productive conversation and I learned a lot about her and her expectations and I left that meeting feeling very impressed with her.

I then went back to the office and met with someone who helps out in the church office and she was printing and folding bulletins, I had a nice visit with her and got a bit of work done before I went back out. I went to Francis Asbury Manor and visited some of my members who are currently residing there. I had a great time meeting them and hearing about their stories.

I went back to the house and got some lunch and then went back to the office to do a bit of paperwork. Then I walked over to the hospital to visit someone who is a patient there. Met with her and her daughter and then walked back.

I finished off my day by spending some time on the computer catching up on Jurisdictional conferences and doing some email and other work as well. I am now resting on the deck and feeling a bit tired but otherwise very energized.

I did not do much today but yet I felt as if I was able to do quite a bit. This really isn't a tough job in many ways. It is simply about people, relationships, and God. You need to care for the people and truly love them.

This job will never be about money or prestige it is simply about the people. I know there are so many other things that I could be doing with my life after all I went to school for a couple different things but I can't imagine doing anything else.

I am never going to be able to make everyone happy and I am never going to be able to always do the right thing but you know what? It doesn't matter, what matters is God and how God decides to use me in my ministry here. Am I being faithful to God and what God's plans for me are? If so, I truly can ask for nothing else.

Love the people

Love the people

Love the people


How tough is that?

I love my job!

2 comments:

Glenn said...

Thanks, bro, for sharing straight from the heart. We need more of that in this world.

Glenn S.

greg. said...

great post, man. thanks for the reminder.