Saturday, July 26, 2008

Trying to find our way

Tomorrow morning as I stand before the church, I will once again be talking about Jacob. This time I will be preaching about his arrangement with Laban in regards to a spouse.

The long and the short if it is that Laban gave Jacob a taste of what he had been dishing out to others. In other words, Laban tricked Jacob.

However, the interesting thing to me is that we see that Jacob really has no one to blame but himself. He is fooled because of his own greed and own desire.

He is blinded by desire and more than likely a little wedding wine.
But the thing is, we all fall victim to being blinded by the world around us. It could be desire, jealousy, anger, lust, alcohol, drugs, or even fear. There are many things that could blind us from what God desires us to see and experience.

I just pray this evening that our eyes are open and we see clearly just what God would want us to see.

No comments: