Tuesday, August 05, 2008

You know that initial period of time



in a new pastorate called the honeymoon? Well I remember at my first church that period lasted quite a while. Tonight I think I could be looking at hastening the end of my honeymoon at the new appointment.

Oh well, it has been fun!

There are just somethings that I really see that need to be addressed, some things that are not exactly kingdom building. So we need to make some changes and to cast a different vision. I know that is part of my job, I just wish that the things that need addressed weren't on the "sacred cow" list.

Oh well, that is why they pay me the "big buck" I suppose!

I will let you all know how it went! I will be busy praying most of the day, so if you could say a little prayer with me.

5 comments:

the reverend mommy said...

Prayers ascending.

Sue & Maurice said...

We'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Gloria and I still pray for you every day but will say a few extra ones for you today.

Walt

JJ said...

No worries. If it's of God and not of Larry, you've got a really big support system! Prayers going out.

Eric Helms said...

I look forward to hearing how things are going. You have my prayers--I think I can Identify in my setting (there really isn't much time for a true honeymoon!)