Saturday, November 22, 2008

So I am the Way...right?



I guess I have never quite grasped the concept of possession as far as church goes. you know what I mean right? This is "my" pew and this is "my" project and this is "my" Bible Study. I don't know if it is because I do not have a long church history so to speak, so I never got caught up in all that. Maybe there is other reasons I am not sure.

I just know that nothing drives me as crazy as listening to people talk about things in the church as if they possess them. We don't own the church and it is not ours. We are part of the church. We are blessed to be part of it and can be involved as it goes out and transforms the world through the power of the Holy Spirit.


All that other stuff, is just stuff. The church can't get tied up in things like buildings and committees and nominations and appointments. We need to be out in the world telling the story of Jesus Christ, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, visiting the imprisoned.

It is not my way or your way or Aunt Josephine's way it is Jesus' way.

1 comment:

Glenn said...

Just came back from a Purpose-Driven Church seminar. Your sentiments are echoed perfectly by many others (including me). A big "Amen!"