Monday, December 22, 2008

Tradition


Those that know me well understand I often have problems with tradition. It is not because I am not sentimental it is simply because I believe we sometimes use tradition as an excuse not to try new things. This is especially true in the church.

So, I find it amazing how much I value the traditions of Christmas. I love the fact that my parents and my sister and her family come to our house and we eat a nice dinner and exchange presents then head off to Christmas Eve Worship.

I love the "tradition" that my wife and I have started of setting budgets for Christmas presents every year and then seemingly never following them. I love the tradition of my wife baking and now creating Christmas ornaments. I love the tradition of getting together with friends on the days following Christmas.

So, no all tradition is not bad.

What are some of your traditions?