Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wiped Out


I am a little tired today. Perhaps it is from the weekend at church and with family and friends or perhaps it is staying up to watch the Eagles game last night.

I am not sure. But when I saw this picture of my son from our last vacation I said that is exactly how I feel. So today I think I am going to try and boost myself spiritually. I think I will do a little preparation for Sunday and a little sermon prep and then work on me.

This is such a great time of year in the life of the church but we need to be careful that we don't expend all of our energy and wear ourselves out. I think this picture reminded me of that. I need to focus back upon the important things of Advent and Christmas. I need to focus in on God and Family.

All I know is that I needed a reminder and God, through this picture, provided one.

1 comment:

the reverend mommy said...

Uhm, for some of us, your warning is a *smidge* late.

=o)