Saturday, January 10, 2009

It had to happen eventually

I think in my 6 plus years of ministry, I have used a ladder 4 different times as a visual aid during a sermon or children's time. I am very afraid of heights and every time I have gone up the ladder I have been worried. I am happy to say there has never been any problems....until today.

I was in the sanctuary today and we were in the midst of "taking down the greens". I saw a ladder not being used, so I quickly jumped up on it and began to take some stuff down. As I was just thinking about coming down off the ladder with a banner, something happened and the ladder fell.

The ladder ended up on the pews and I ended up on the ground. I was "smart" enough to catch myself with my left hand before I fell. So now several hours later, my wrist,elbow, and shoulder are battling it out to see what hurts the most.

All those times up on the ladder for no reason other than a visual for a sermon and I don't get hurt and the one time I use a ladder for what a ladder is designed for, I get hurt.

Who'd a thunk it?

No comments: