Friday, February 06, 2009

Free hugs


I was reading about Shane Claiborne over at Gen-X Rising. Andrew talks about Claiborne's faith being almost Sunday School like in some ways. Yet Andrew points out that sometimes simple is so much better than what we try to make it about.

When I read that post this morning, I couldn't help but be reminded of a video that I saw awhile ago on You Tube. I have used this video during sermons a few times in a couple of different places. The video
to me emphasizes just what I read about faith today.

It is about feeding the poor and healing the sick. Our faith is about looking our for the least, last, and lost wherever that may take us this day. It is a constant decision each day to reach out into the world looking for ways to make a difference. A constant search for someone to hug.

1 comment:

Glenn said...

It's like those Nooma videos from Rob Bell. They show faith so profound yet so very simple. Thanks for sharing this, Larry.