Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Freedom

Lord, may I never take the gift
of freedom for granted. You gave
me the great blessing of freedom of
spirit. Fill my spirit with Your peace and
Your joy.

This is a prayer I read on Sacred Space today. It hit home today as I have been doing a lot of reading on the concept of Free Will and Grace this week. Freedom is such a funny thing. We, in this country at least, often go around trumpeting our freedoms and how this country is the home of freedom and founded on the principle of freedom.

Yet, do we really understand what real freedom is? More importantly, do we understand what God desires for us and our lives with this freedom he has given us?

The questions I begin to ponder this week are:
What is this freedom?
What does God want us to do with it?
How does this freedom help us as we go to make disciples for Jesus Christ?
What can we do to make sure we don't take this freedom for granted?

No comments: