Friday, March 20, 2009

Not the Final Piece


Well I am sitting in the lobby of Epworth by the Sea and I am anxious to go home. However, I have hours before my plane so I have lots of time to think. This week has been incredible, I learned so much and I was reminded of so much more. I met people from all over the connection. Usually when I think about the connection I am thinking the UMC. This week my definition of the connection was extended to include the Free Methodists, AME, AME Zion, CME, Nazarenes, and more.

In my preaching, I use the term "telling the story" a lot....no, I mean A LOT! This week I was reminded with concrete examples and tools and training what that really means and how I can accomplish that. I now have a fuller toolbox to go into the world and equip people in my church and go into the community and tell the story of Jesus by sharing my faith story.

We all have a story, we all have a witness. Sometimes, I forget that. so the puzzle is getting more pieces added to it, it is not complete but I can see the picture clearer.

Amen!

1 comment:

LogicaL Layspeaker said...

I like the puzzle thing. It's like... we all try to complete the puzzle, but only Jesus has our missing pieces. We can not finish the puzzle on our own. Try as we might, the picture gets clearer, but only Jesus completes it.

Epworth sounds like a great experience from your last few posts. Praise God!