Wednesday, September 29, 2010

So when do we wake up?

You know what word I am tired of....

sacred....


Now please don't get me wrong...I am not tired of the sacred...I am simply tired of the word...it has become one of those code words...
Sacred too the church has been another in a long line of labels that we use to separate good from evil...us from them...

The church uses it to tell us what is appropriate and what is not...The reality is for many the word sacred means...old, stuffy. & boring.

I guess I just don't get what this dualism is between secular and sacred. I read the bible and I am led to believe that it is all sacred...

Why does all the creativity have to live outside the realm of the church....

We can't continue to set up this barriers between God and the people..tell them what is the "right" way to express themselves or to experience the world around them...I suggest we simply find ways to bring people into relationship and experiences of God...and then get out of the way....

Let God take over...

I'm just saying


No comments: