Friday, October 29, 2010

This is where it all comes together

I am in Border's this morning. I came to pick up a couple books I need for a sermon series I am preaching next year. After I got the books, I sat down with a cup of coffee and opened up my laptop.

I got a little work done and now am getting ready to read a little bit.
This is such a great feeling. The peace that I feel in this building is amazing to me today. I find myself in a place where I can read and not be distracted by the office phone or by something else on a never ending to do list.

Here I can enjoy my coffee and read whatever it is I may have to read and simply enjoy the written word. In many ways borders is acting in the same way the beach often does...a place of connection with God. A connection I so desperately need today.

Today as I open my book and read about The Good News about the end of Christian America I am at peace and pray for the Spirit to fill me and I pray that you also can feel that peace in your life.

No comments: